“AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR” Starts Production, Phase 3 Details Teased
Marvel Studios has officially announced the production start of Avengers: Infinity War via a featurette that shows Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man), Tom Holland (Peter Parker/Spider-Man) and Chris Pratt (Peter Quill/Star-Lord).
Watch the featurette below:
Prior to the release of the first featurette, Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) hosted a Facebook Live, to answer fan questions. Here’s everything we learned from the live chat (and the first Avengers: Infinity War featurette) so far:
- Tom Holland will be reprising his role as Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
- Chris Pratt‘s Peter Quill/Star-Lord will also be joining the fray.
- Robert Downey Jr. still fondly remembers the Mark 42 from “Iron Man 3”
- “Avengers: Infinity War” kicks off with tension as Captain America is still on Iron Man’s “S-List”
- Reflecting on his appearance in the first “Iron Man” to “Avengers: Infinity War,” Downey says “[Tony Stark] has matured a bit. What has changed is the universe around him.”
- Stark’s universe now involves Peter Parker, the Guardians and Doctor Strange.
- Joe and Anthony Russo have never fought on set
- The three Avengers the Russo brothers would go on a family vacation with: Tony Stark, Peter Park, and Vision.
- Start of production officially began last month in Pinewood Atlanta.
- Thanos will be “the most frightening villain the Avengers have ever faced;” he’ll show us all why he’s “the biggest, the best, the baddest villain that we’ve ever had.”
- The Avengers are completely unprepared to face Thanos as a result of the events of “Captain America: Civil War” leaving the Avengers a team name with no team members.
- Get ready for the Guardians of the Galaxy / Avengers team-up as we see Thor fighting alongside Rocket Raccoon
- The Russo brothers confirm two films will be deeply connected – “these next two Avengers films will be an event like no one has ever seen on film before”
- Downey drives that point home as we’ve come to learn the next two Avengers will be filmed back-to-back for a “year of fun-filled lensing”
Continuing a cinematic universe that launched in 2008 with Iron Man, Infinity War promises an epic story that will bring in characters from a decade of films. The cast includes Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Benedict Cumberbatch, Pom Klementieff, Tom Holland, Peter Dinklage and Josh Brolin as Thanos. Directors Anthony and Joe Russo, who return after Captain America: Civil War, are directing both Avengers: Infinity War and the untitled second half, which will close Marvel Phase 3.